Despite the advancement in the usage of the hi-tech materials in the construction industry, it takes almost nothing to damage the structural support of the building. In fact, the building faces a continuous battle with the external elements, and nothing is more threatening than water. This is the reason waterproofing is important.
What is waterproofing:
It is a simple process that stops the penetration of water inside the building. It is important that you take advice from the experts who have in-depth knowledge and understanding about the structural needs.
Signs of water damage in your home:
Whether it is water seepage due to rain, flood or humidity, water has the potential to cause great damage to the infrastructure.
- If you ever see moisture in your basement, it is a sign of water seepage or leakage from the pipe or any water source.
- The accumulation of water starts the formation of mold, which is the major cause of respiratory diseases.
- The presence of water attracts insects and bugs that can harm his lamination and destroy furniture.
- The contaminated water may even have bacteria that can cause severe infection and illness.
Why is it important?
Water infiltration is the primary cause of problems in the structural part of your house. Water damages the structure like the walls, roof, and pillars by making them weak continuously. This constant decaying of the house architectural structure causes the building to collapse, causing loss of life, property, and most importantly money.
- Water damages the internal structure of your house like the frames, the foundations, wiring and insulation, as well as the floors and you’ve to spend huge amount of money to repair them later. But, waterproofing can protect you from such expense.
- Flooding in the basement is a major problem among people. And most people who avoid waterproofing at the time of construction regret later because the damage proves to be more expensive than waterproofing cost. Waterproofing will protect your basement from getting flooded, hence, saving your house from falling down.
- Major health problems arise due to rise of dampness in walls. Firstly, the smell of damped wall is awful and it invites major respiratory problems.
Bottom line: Waterproofing services is an important process. It reduces the risks of structural damage and even the health issues. It is recommended that you ask a waterproofing experts to visit your home. Only, after the complete assessment of your place and the water sources available and how to redirect the water flow from the inner and outer parts of the house, he can offer you an estimate for the total expenditure to get waterproofing done.
Remember “Prevention is better than cure.”What you do today will benefit you tomorrow.
If you are building your home, it is the right time to get waterproofing done to escape from the trouble that may come in the future.