Regardless of whether you happen to own a successful commercial business, or quaint residential abode, it’s worth your while to take a long, hard look at the advantages associated with contracting an awning installation. The top four reasons are listed below:
- Aesthetics: If you partner with a reputable local manufacturer, the in-house fabrication experts will be able to cut, bend, and weld an awning frame, based on your unique specifications.This means that you’ll be able to choose from a wide range of fabrics, textures, hues, veneers, and even printed canopy designs, as well.
- Weather Defence: Modernised awnings protect your windows and entryways against the sun’s harmful rays, rain, snow, sleet, hail, and even wind (in certain configurations).
- Energy Savings: Believe it or not, more energy is lost and transferred through your windows, and other glass-based openings, than any other structural element in the home.This explains why windows account for approximately 20% of your air conditioner’s work load. In this regard, it’s worth noting that a contemporary awning can reduce interior heat gain by 55-65%. This savings will reduce your monthly utility bills, during the hot summer months.
- Perceived Boundaries: The extruded makeup of today’s awnings essentially broadens the structural confines of your home or business, making it look larger and more ample.
As you might imagine by now, awnings are some of the most cost-efficient and valuable home improvement implements available in today’s day and age. If you happen to be interested in installing motorised awnings in Melbourne, for instance, the onus is on you to seek out a reputable local manufacturer. Look for one that can facilitate the entire process, from top to bottom, especially if affordability and professionalism are your primary sticking points.
This remainder of this brief article will focus on helping you do just that.
Experience and Reputation
As you begin hacking out a viable shortlist of the best-rated local firms, you’ll want to highlight each firm’s history of service, right from the onset. In this regard, be on the lookout for the following criteria:
- At least 30 years’ experience within the industry
- 100% Australian owned and operated
- Family business (as opposed to a faceless conglomerate)
- Dedicated manufacturing plant (eliminates the spectre of outsourced, overpriced fabrication)
- CROCI Australia affiliation
- Extensive assortment of authentic customer testimonials showcased directly on the company’s homepage
Broad Product Line
Next, you’ll want to ensure that every manufacturer on your shortlist features a robust assortment of in-house products. You can refer to the conceptual product range shown below, as a blueprint, during your research:
- Domestic and commercial roller shutters
- Retractable veranda systems
- Sun shades and patio implements
- Folding arm awnings (motorised and manual variants)
- Industrial-strength roller grilles
- Roller screens
- Comprehensive collection of steel trellis security doors
Inclusive Suite of Services
Last but not least, you’ll want to ensure that your manufacturer of choice can facilitate the entire process, from beginning to end, without having to outsource any of the work to a third party:
- Consultation (fee-free and no obligations)
- Customised design
- Ongoing maintenance and servicing
There you have it; the ultimate beginner’s guide to installing a brand new awning! Make sure you print out this brief exposé and keep it by your side.