Earth is called the blue planet as seventy-five percent is covered by water. But do you know that only about 2.5 % of it is freshwater and is safe enough for drinking? Very few people take this seriously and take the abundant source of fresh water supply as granted. But about ten billion people across the globe do not have access to pure water. If things continue this way, very soon about thirty percent of the total world population would face a severe water crisis. And that is why you need to be a little responsible and save your tap water consumption as much as you can. So, what’s the solution? Well, installing rainwater tanks will surely help you.
Now, you must be thinking where to get these rainwater tanks. Take some time out and find out the nearest manufacturer, that keeps various kinds of Rainwater Tanks Melbourne, suitable for household purposes. If you want to preserve and use rainwater in the most efficient manner, then book a tank for your house at the earliest. Take a look at some of the points, so that the entire process becomes easier.
- Make sure that the size of the tank is suitable and appropriate for the household chores you will be using for it. While some people choose to use rainwater for washing and cleaning the outdoors, toilet, doing the laundry, etc, others use it for everything along with drinking as well. If you think that you will use rainwater only for a certain number of chores then make sure that the storage capacity is enough.
- Check if the tank is made out of multiple parts or is made as a whole. The latter is always better as they do not leak or break easily. Most of the reputed brands manufacture them as a single piece.
- For preserving the water successfully, makes sure that the other things which are required for the process are equally sturdy and durable as the tank is. Without a powerful water pump and filter, rainwater harvesting is not really possible. While the filter cleans the water of leaves, debris, mud, dirt, etc, the pump pushes the water to all the outlets in the house.
- From time to time, drain out the entire water so that no dead insects or animals stay there for a long time hence, contaminating it. That is why you should invest in the tanks made out of modern-day technology and are manufactured as a whole piece so that no insects or animals can get in there.
- If you still see that there is an awkward amount of smudge or debris build up at the bottom of your tank, you should call your manufacturer at the earliest for a quick clean-up.
- The pump you choose should be powerful enough. Don’t opt for domestic water pumps as their flow rate is quite low. You will see several companies offering up to 200 LPM (Litres per minute) as the flow rate of the pumps. The importance of this depends on two things – the distance between the house and the tank as well as the number of outlets it is serving to.
So, for proper water preservation, don’t delay and contact a reputed manufacturer at the earliest, who also sells Cartage Water Tanks in Melbourne. But before you settle for any random company, make sure you check the following.
- It is very important that they install the tank at your house because otherwise, it will be very difficult.
- The quality of the material should be good so that once installed, you do not have to worry about it for the next few years.
- Check the “customer reviews” section, so that you are sure of the kind of products they sell to their customers.
Start searching online for the best company for purchasing Rainwater Tanks in Melbourne.
Author Bio: Charlie Green, a regular blogger on lifestyle, writes about water preservation using Rainwater Tanks. Contact a good company for purchasing rainwater tanks, which also sells Cartage Water Tanks in Melbourne.