If you are a homeowner, you will surely understand that it is not all about the luxury of owning a property, but also a list of never ending tasks involving your home. In order to ensure that your home is beautiful and sturdy, you must address every maintenance issue and make sure that it is implemented effectively. Again, there are some problems that need to be tackled immediately, to avoid severe problems in the future. For instance, ignoring issues such as water seepage and moisture will force you to undertake expensive repairs in the future.
If you are troubled by water leakage in the basement, rooftops or damp walls in the kitchen, bathrooms or the balcony, do not ignore it. Instead, you must resort to a licensed waterproofing contractor or company to get rid of this problem. Homeowners generally stay away from hiring a waterproofing contractor for their home improvement projects. Want to know why? It is the huge cost of the waterproofing projects that is making the homeowners think twice. But, that does not mean that every waterproofing project will create a financial problem for you. There are numerous ways to make it budget-friendly. But, before that, you have to know about the factors that might affect the cost of hiring a waterproofing service, so that you can plan your budget ahead. Read this blog to know more.
Factors that affects the cost of a waterproofing project
When it comes to providing you with an estimate, a waterproofing contractor doesn’t have a universal approach that is applicable for all. He will have to consider several factors before providing you with an estimate for the project that you are about to handover to him.
- The cause of water problem: There are several causes that might lead water to enter into your home. You may believe that the damp walls in the basement are the result of cracks in the foundation. But, it may be the result of the improper construction of a window well. If the problem is caused by a window well, the cost of the waterproofing project will be insignificant. Thus, the cost of your waterproofing project will depend upon the cause of the water problem.
- The foundation of your home: Is your home built on a deeper foundation? Then your waterproofing contractor will have to spend more time and energy in repairing it. This will directly increase the cost of the waterproofing project. Today, the foundations of most homes are built on concrete. But, if you reside in an old home, there is a high possibility that the foundation is made up of bricks, clay or stone. It is important to remember that different waterproofing methods are implemented on different types of foundation. This, in turn, means that the cost of a waterproofing project will change according to the material used for building a foundation.
- Waterproofing method: The waterproofing method adopted by the professional will also affect the overall budget of the entire project. The exterior waterproofing method is more expensive when compared to the interior waterproofing method. It is because it involves excavating the earth around your home and installing waterproofing materials effectively. So, be ready to shell out a large sum of money if your bathroom waterproofing Melbourne project involves working with the exteriors of your home.
- Locality: You will be surprised to know that the location of your home is also an important factor that will affect the waterproofing cost. Want to know how? Your local municipality may demand your waterproofing contractor to adhere to certain rules and regulations, which might increase the cost of the project. Moreover, if your home is located in a hilly region, it will require more sturdy machines and manpower. In other words, you’ll need to spend more money to excavate the exteriors for waterproofing than those homes, which are situated on the plain land.
- Waterproofing materials: This is an obvious factor that you should never forget to consider. The quality and quantity of materials used by the waterproofing contractor will definitely have an impact on the budget of the project.
After considering these factors mentioned above, a waterproofing contractor will provide you with a detailed estimate of your home improvement project. But, remember that the ultimate cost of the waterproofing may vary because of unexpected circumstances. So, you must be prepared for additional expenditure. The key is to create a reasonable budget for the waterproofing project, as it will help you to make easy payments to the contractor and keep your home beautiful and sturdy.
Author Bio – Leo Bartlett is a professional, waterproofing contractor. In this blog, he writes about the factors that can affect the overall budget of a waterproofing project. Also, read to know more about bathroom waterproofing in Melbourne.