Modern kitchens come with so many hi-tech gadgets, it is hard to decide which items to include. In a perfect world, one would incorporate every possible device imaginable, just in case, but with a lack of funds and/or space, that isn’t really practical. With so much to choose from, perhaps one needs a little help, so here are a list of absolute essentials for any modern kitchen.
- A double bowl sink – This is so practical that the idea of a single bowl sink should never even be considered. Washing up and preparing food requires two separate sink bowls, and any person who has never experienced this, could be forgiven for thinking it is unnecessary. Everyone else totally agrees, which makes it a must-have option for any new kitchen. If space and funds permit, one could always have two separate single-bowl sink units, and one can be used as a prep sink, for washing vegetables and other foods. Two separate sink units are ideal for large families and people who like to entertain on a regular basis.
- Under cabinet lighting gives the right illumination when preparing food, and when using sharp knives, it is critical to have adequate lighting. Apart from the practical side, under cabinet lighting gives a unique ambience, and with dimmer switches, one has fine control. These can be incorporated into the original design, so make sure to discuss it with the design team before it’s too late.
- A steam oven cooks food while keeping it moist, and it is also healthier, which is why they are becoming more popular. Check out this site to find out more information about customised kitchens that are both practical and affordable.
- An induction cooktop transfers heat to pots and pans via a magnetic field, and this means they are safe for families with young children. They are also ideal for warmer climates, as there is no external heat generated. Induction cooktops also use much less energy than a gas or electric oven, and are very easy to keep clean. If one is looking for kitchens in Perth, or anywhere else, for that matter, a simple online search will reveal a local company that can provide the ideal kitchen at an affordable price.
- A waste and recycling centre – The ultimate in convenience, these are typically built into a sliding cabinet, and allows one to keep the unsightly trash hidden away until it’s time to take it out for collection. In the busy times, it is time consuming to keep popping out to empty the bin, and by hiding the trash, the kitchen always looks clean and uncluttered.
These are just a few items that a modern kitchen cannot do without, and of course, it does depend on the individual. By talking to a professional kitchen designer, one can be informed about the latest and greatest in kitchen appliances, and with their expert guidance, the ideal kitchen is within anyone’s reach.