When you are faced with a plumbing problem, another big issue that arises along with it is – where to find a good plumber? A bad plumber can not only waste your time by not fixing the issue but can also make things worse which can cost you a fortune in the future.
To make sure you’re not stuck with a bad plumber, you should be a little careful while hiring the plumber. This is actually harder than it sounds. Here are a few tips to help you out in choosing the best plumber:
- Online research: Start by looking at the different plumbing companies in your area. There must be many but you should make a list of those who have got good online reviews and feedback. Read the feedback carefully and see if you have a similar problem. These reviews can be very helpful.
- Ask your friends or family: Take references from your friends or family. Their review will be very honest and you can count on them. You can also ask them the name of the plumber who fixed their problem, besides the name of the company.
- License: Most states in the U.S. require plumbers to have some kind of license. You must check if the plumber you are hiring has a license. If you’re looking for the best plumbers in Naples Florida you should first shortlist those who have got the ‘Certified Plumbing Contractor’ license.
- Insurance:The next thing that you should be looking in a plumber is, if he’s insured or not. If he’s insured, the company will bear the costs of any damage/injury caused to you or the plumber.
- Experience:You should ask how long the plumber is in the business. A large plumbing company will have plumbers who have years of experience. Even when you’re hiring such a company, it is better to be double-sure by asking the experience of the one who will be visiting your place.
- Certifications: Another thing that can be helpful in figuring out a good plumbing company can be certifications. Agency like Better Business Bureau (BBB) certifies companies that have a good track record in their field.
- Warranty: There’s no point hiring a plumbing company and paying them your hard-earned money only to find out the problem was only temporarily fixed. Only a good plumbing company will provide warranty for their work. Go for the company that provides warranty for one year.
- Price: The price should not be your priority, but if you are confused between two or three companies, you can always ask them for their price estimates or quotations. Make sure the company writes down everything – the price of the parts to the labor costs. Also, see if the parts are of good quality. Do not compromise on the quality of parts.
- References: A good plumbing company like Monahans Plumbingwill not hesitate to provide you the contacts of their previous customers. Consider talking to them and ask them if they have witnessed the problem again and how good was the plumber’s behavior.
- Round-the-clock service: Consider going with the company that provides round the clock service since plumbing problem can occur/reoccur at any time of the day. You should visit the company’s website where you can find much similar information.
Choose the plumber keeping in mind all these aspects. Remember, hiring a plumber carelessly and without any research can cost you a lot in the longer run. The leaks can lead to water damage which can slowly damage all your assets.